CAREER PATHWAY: Computer Science
The Computer Science Pathway courses focus on computer theory, computing problems and solutions, and design of computer systems and user-interfaces. The coursework will include instruction in the principles of computational science, computer development and programming and applications to a variety of end use situations.
Click here to view course offerings!
The vision of Kentucky Information Technology education is to promote industry professional development, enhance leadership, and provide relevant curriculum vital to the education of all students.
Kentucky Information Technology will:
- Operate as the center for industry standard desktop and communications technology in schools.
- Provide a critical link in school to employment or post-secondary education.
- Develop stronger relationships with the business community in terms of mutual advocacy, cooperative field experiences, employment placement and support for student organization experiences.
- Represent a necessary component in the education of all students.
- Require and promote critical thinking and problem solving.
- Offer a flexible curriculum based on standards that adapts to change.
- Integrate academic skills into the information technology curriculum in order to insure that students develop excellent written and verbal communication skills, computational skills and scientific problem-solving skills.
Information Technology (IT) is the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems particularly software applications and computer hardware.
Click here to view additional information regarding KDE's official overview of Information Technology and the pathways associated with this career major!