The winner will receive two nights’ lodging at any Kentucky State Resort Park with his or her family.
Judges will look for originality and creativity, photo composition, and how well your photo represents the Earth Day theme: Playground Earth: Get Outside, Kentucky!
To enter, send photos by e-mail to Kidsphotocontest@ky.gov. Photos must be in jpeg format, and file size may not exceed 5 MB. The subject line of the e-mail should read “Student Earth Day Photo Contest.”
Students should include the following information in the body of the e-mail:
- name, age and grade
- parent or guardian’s e-mail address and phone number
- name of school and the county where it is located
- where and when the photo was taken
- a paragraph explaining the photo and why it represents Kentucky’s Earth Day theme of Playground Earth: Get Outside, Kentucky!
The deadline for submission is 4:30 p.m. ET May 9. All entries will be judged by the Kentucky Energy and Environment Cabinet communications staff, based on the following criteria:
- Creativity & Originality (50 percent)
- Photo Composition (25 percent)
- Appropriateness to Contest Theme (25 percent)