Just a friendly reminder to all eligible eighth graders about the Rogers Explorers program. This is a great opportunity for students interested in Leadership, Math & Science, and Community Service. Christmas Break is a good time for students to get caught up, or start, on the application process.
- Application deadline is Friday, February 10. All materials must be submitted on the online application portal by midnight.
- Eligibility, Selection Process, and Application information can be found here. (http://centeryouthprograms.com/rogers-explorers/apply-for-re/ )
- Students will need Microsoft Excel to complete most application assignments.
- 2 letters of recommendation are required: 1 letter must be from individuals employed by the school system and 1 must be from a community member.
- Students are encouraged to provide the attached “Recommendation Letter Guidelines” to individuals they request letters from. This document is also on the application portal for students to download, print, or email.
- All application assignments/documents must be uploaded to the application portal. We will not accept documents emailed or mailed to us. This includes:
- Personal Information Assignment
- Extracurricular Activities Assignment (30 Points)
- Community Service Activities Assignment (25 Points)
- Typed Essay (35 Points)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Performance Assignment (10 Points)
- 8th grade Transcript/Grade Report (GPA)
- Final Assignment – Student Agreement & Parental Consent
If selected, the student will spend 2 nights and 3 days on one of seven college/university campuses. Current partners include Lindsey Wilson College, University of the Cumberlands, Asbury University, Eastern Kentucky University, Morehead State University, University of Pikeville, and Union College.